As a market leader of bail bond services we are always available to arrange bond in Wake, Durham, Orange and surrounding counties. However in some cases it may be beneficial to visit the defendant before taking additional steps towards posting bond.
In Wake County Detention Center Inmate Visitation we discussed the rules and procedures for visiting inmates in the Wake County Jail. As was noted in that article, procedures varying from one county to the next. If you or a loved gets arrested in our neighboring county to the northeast you will find that processes at the Orange County Detention Center in Hillsborough vary considerably.
The Orange County Jail in Hillsborough North Carolina has roughly 170 beds and maintains custody of a combination of federal prisoners, state convicts, and pre-trial detainees.
The Detention Division comprised of a captain, lieutenant , and four sergeants are tasked with responsibilities that include overseeing inmate wellness, transportation to and from court, and inmate visitation. All inmate visits are held in the lobby of the jail at 125 Court Street Hillsborough NC.
- The Orange County Jail allows inmates (1) single 15 minute visit per week per inmate.
- Inmates may submit a visitation list of up to 4 people weekly and there may be up to four people present during a visit.
- Visitors must have a photo ID at the time of the visit.
- Children under the age of 16 do not need to be on the list however they do need to be in the presence of an adult on the list.
- Regardless of the number of visitors approved for a given week they must all use the same 15-minute appointment.
- The Detention Division reserves the right to deny an inmate visitation at their discretion.
- Visitation for federal inmates is held Sundays from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Visitation for all other detainee’s is held Saturdays from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m. .
For more information about the Orange County Detention Center check out our Orange County Service Area Page. If you still have questions about visitation or you like to arrange bail in Raleigh, Durham or Orange County / Chapel Hill, call Case Closed Bail Bonds at either our Raleigh or Hillsborough location.